1. Lat Pulldown (Regular, Reverse-Grip, Close-Grip)
- Attach a wide grip handle to the lat pulldown machine. Adjust the knee pad of the machine to fit your height to prevent your lower body from moving while performing this movement.
- For a regular lat pulldown, grasp the bar with an overhand grip with your arms at the end of the fat bar. For a reverse-grip lat pulldown, use an underhand grip and your palms facing your body. For a close grip, your hands should be positioned shoulder width apart.
- Extend both arms up above you while holding the bar. Keep your back upright, create a slight curvature in your lower back, and stick out your chest.
- Keep your torso stationary and pull the bar down towards your body by drawing your shoulder blades and upper arms down and back. Squeeze your back muscles during this movement.
- Slowly raise the bar in a controlled motion back to the starting position. Your arms should be fully extended and your lats fully stretched.